WBO2 sensor clarification

Flanagan, Steve Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Wed Aug 15 21:06:47 GMT 2001

Could some who has been through the ringer already with a successful
purchase of the WBO2 sensor lay out all the choices and lessons learned
(what not to buy)

I just got off the phone with www.thepartsbin.com and the tried to look up
the Bosch #13246, they could not look it up, that is the short number.

This is what I have found out:

1) thepartsbin:  has the Honda 92-95 Civic #36531-P07-003 for $122 (however,
stated it looks like a 4 wire sensor in the picture)

2) www.hparts.com:  has the Honda 92-95 Civic #36531-P07-003 for $219

3) Napa has the ECHOS791 Napa Echlin Oxygen Sensor for $139, do not know if
this is the correct sensor.

4) NAPA:  could not find the Beck Arnley BA1564015 on the web site, did not
have time to call yet

Here are some other questions:

I think the sensor needed for the project is the 5 Wire WB02 sensor, does
this mean that the 4 Wire honda sensor described above is not the correct
part? or did the picture just not show correctly?

Back in the day there was mention of other 5 Wire sensors that had special
calibration resistors built in (basically a feature some of the EFI
manufactures put in so you had to buy their special 02 sensor - at a premium
price).  Is there anything here we have to look out for?

Does anyone know temperature limits of these sensors?  Some applications
that I know of require temps in the area of 1650 - 1850 deg F.

Long Live DIY-WB02.

Steve F