Air flow meter

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Aug 20 01:02:04 GMT 2001

Popular, and in some cases, a waste of money.  There are more then just a
couple guys hot over having spent some big money on the aftermarkets and
slowed down.
  In theory a reduction in intake tract restriction should show an
improvement, but you have to be careful of other considerations.  ie, does
it effect reproted airflow, and hence mixture, and timing.  Is it just
correcting a wrong, or actually doing something good.
  I've tried them (late MAFs), with and without screens, and airfoils, and
the 3.5 in a 3.0 housing.  As far as performance goes, in my application the
3.5 in a 3.0 with the screens, and the airfoil, and supports removed were
the hot set up.  That setup also was the best  in drivibility.
Bruce