Air flow meter

Daniel bossute at iprimus.com.au
Mon Aug 20 12:15:19 GMT 2001

I think you will find our Australian  300kw GTS had the C4B motor which is
speed density so if you got the GTS PCM to work in the 220kw motor and
installed the GTS cam and head package you should not use the airflow meter
.
The airflow meter is only used on the 220kw and 250kw versions.

How did you get the GTS pcm to work ? HSV are unwilling to sell a PCM with
the GTS program in it and even when we got one  , no dealer would update the
BCM to suit SO IT WAS USELESS.

The Aussie LS1 has been programmed too rich by Holden at WOT so people have
been finding good performance gains by "porting the maf" and recalibrated
mafs to lean off the WOT fuelling - the gain is directly proportional to
what version of software your PCM runs as I have seen guys that had gains ,
loose power when they sent there car in for a service and a new version of
software was installed (to fix other issues) .

The best gain I have got so far for the dollars is to fit the supercharger !

Daniel Collins