Air flow meter

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Tue Aug 21 00:42:38 GMT 2001

One of the guys here at work is an ex industrial designer from Holden,
and he was telling me that the 5.7L Commodore engine was extremely
choked when it arrived in the standard trim from USA.  The first thing
Holden did was throw away the throttle body and airflow meter to gain
some significant hp (although couldn't tell me how many).  The apparent
reason for choked intake is due to lack of traction control on the US
cars with this engine (can someone verify this ??).  Holden just
automatically fits traction control to anything high power so that
solved the wheel spin problems.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com