NTK UEGO calibration

Flanagan, Steve Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Aug 21 20:41:36 GMT 2001

For those of us that are not chemists, is there a cheap way that is
also safe (not that I don't like to blow things up as long as I am not
one of those things).

What about Propane?  Or Butane?  Something readily available, and if
so how would one go about testing?  Will the heater in the O2 sensor
start an explosion with Propane or other?

Where would one get nitrogen or argon?  Is there an easy way to make these
gases (that is also safe)?

Thanks,

Steve F

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Tisdale [mailto:btisdale at cybersol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 2:36 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: NTK UEGO calibration

Inert gas - nitrogen, argon, C2 MIG mix, etc will give 14.7:1 AFR for
checking purposes.  Other than that, there's no easy to come up w/ a DIY
cal gas.  One method is a 'bomb', containing measured amount of air &
gasoline - do this @ your own risk, though.........if done correctly,
shouldn't actually explode....}:/E

Barry

  For example to confirm that a measured AFR, say