building boards

David Hunt bamainc at home.com
Tue Aug 21 21:11:08 GMT 2001

Josh,

After all the BS is done - I wonder.  I build my own engines - ground up.  I
don't do the machine work, but I could.  I apprenticed in a couple of shops
during my exit from the ARMY.  I can set a boring machine, check for square,
set the tool, check for bore diameter and so forth.  I know how to true the
stones set the angles and grind the valves.  I even know how to set up a
crank grinder.  Because I can do that, should all of you be able to do that?
I think not.

I rebuild my own carburetors also.  I do it for fun.  I'm particularly good
at Rochesters, which BTY will run with any production Holly on the same
engine.  Should all of you, after all this is a know-it-all sport right? I
think not.

If someone wants to learn a bit about the art that is their business.  If
they don't want to learn to solder then that shouldn't be a problem.

Does that mean that everyone that buys a kit should be thrown off the list?
They didn't solder anything.  They didn't start a fuel map from scratch.
They didn't blow up any motors.  Is it necessary that everyone go to every
detail?  No.  They should be doing what they want.

It's a hobby.  Fun.  You know, just for kicks.

It's not for browbeating everyone that comes along just because one can.
The word one that does that is BULLY.  Just like grammar school.  Bullies
care only about their EGO.  Strange, that spelling.

BTY if anyone should feel that there is a market that would support this
type device priced in the hundreds of dollars, they deserve to lose any
money they would invest.

dh