Dissassembling BINS

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Wed Aug 22 04:23:27 GMT 2001

Christian Hack wrote:

> Firstly you won't make friends by posting in HTML ;)

Mike - the reason HTML is bad is that people do actually look thru'
the archives, and HTML, when viewed with a text edit, usually looks
like crap. So, if what you say is worth someone's time to read,
both now and in the future, then use text ONLY.

> To answer your question, have a look at DasmX. It's freeware. I can

[snip]

DASMx does support more than the Motorola line of processors, but
it's not as feature rich as the (at least two) disassemblers that
list members, who also support the product, have provided free.

Note also that my own disassembler, DHC11, also supports lesser
processors like the 6800, 6801, 6802 & 6803 by virtue of Motorola's
commitment to making their newer processors code compatible with
the older ones. I think the 6805 is a bit different, but I may do
both a DM05 and a ASM05 some time in the future. I am also working
on a much needed comment/re-disassembly feature that will allow
comments to be migrated from one source/disassembly to another.
Note further that my ASHC11 (a MACRO 6800, 6801, 6802, 6803 & 68HC11
assembler) will convert DHC11's disassembly back to a BIN (via Intel
HEX or S19 output).

Peter.