Computing MPH

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Mon Aug 27 14:46:30 GMT 2001

I was at the track this weekend and pitted next to Victor Cagnazzi (#10 on
the Pro-Stock Truck circuit).  Look for him in Indy this weekend, Great guy,
gave us some clutch tuning tips and other.

He is using the RacePac data logger and it has a channel that shows MPH.
This is not based off the Drive Shaft or other but it uses the G sensor.

I have a data logger that shows G's but does not compute MPH.

How would I go about figuring out MPH relative to G's?

I know how to compute relative to Drive Shaft.  This is not what I am
asking.

What is the mathematics involved.  And does the Sampling rate of the G
sensor make a difference or are we just concerned about the average G's and
the time?

Thanks

Steve F