Computing MPH

Flanagan, Steve Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Mon Aug 27 15:50:19 GMT 2001

SO what would the formula look like?

mph = |G dt  ( the | means integral)

assuming different G (G1 -> Gn) values for all time intervals I think I
would get the following

MPH = G1^2/2 * t from t0 --> t1 + G2^2/2 * t from t1 --> t2 + G3^2/2 * t
from t2 --> t3 +
  ... Gn^2/2 * t from t(n-1) -> tn.

How do we scale G's to MPH?  The following does not look correct to me at
first glance:

1 G = (32 Ft / sec^2) * (1 Mile / 5280 Ft) * (3600^2 sec ^ 2) / Hr ^ 2 =
78545 Mile / Hr^2

Now I have G's represented as Mile / Hours (Squared), and when multiplying
each piece of the formula by the time in Hrs) the answer should be left in
MPH?

Is this correct?

Thanks

steve