WB & logging

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Tue Aug 28 21:43:26 GMT 2001

Leaning it out slowly.  My software 'bottoms out' @ 10.8:1 AFR (didn't
figure I'd need richer than that).  WOT 'curve' was flat @ 10.8 to start.
Began leaning it out evenly across the board, soon's as it was off the flat
line, I worked @ getting the peaks & valleys out.  I'm @ around 12.0:1
right now.  Per the accelerometer, gains were pretty good initially,
getting diminishing returns as AFR gets leaner.  Detonation here & there,
timing adjusted to eliminate that before I tweak the mixture any further.
Good part is that injector (40# units) duty cycle went from 100% @ higher
rpms to around 80% now.

Other interesting stuff is that it takes about a full second to burn off an
AE 'pump shot' - big dip in the AFR curve.  NB is @ around 880 @ 12.0,
where 'common wisdom' in the SyTys said around mid 900s were best.  The
Aquamist is actually able to drop the MAT below ambient w/ boost up to 16#
- at 20#, I get about a 30° rise from 16# to 20#.

Been doing 8-10 WOT runs per day dialing it in, my motor is beginnin' to
smoke a bit - rings are shot in #1, so she may break for good any time.....
 Started @ 16# boost, am up to 20# now, probably 22 is the max I'll be able
to get w/ this setup.  Enough for me; goes sideways on the 1-2 shift....

Barry