WB & logging

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Wed Aug 29 11:40:18 GMT 2001

Bruce wrote:

> Approach ambient I can grasp, to get below I still don't get the mechanics
> of it.  I can see it acting as a *chiller* and getting the metal around the
> sensor that cold, but the air is there for such a short period of time, I
> just can't get it.
> Bruce
>
> >  The
> > Aquamist is actually able to drop the MAT below ambient w/ boost up to 16#
> > - at 20#, I get about a 30° rise from 16# to 20#.
> > Barry

Gas vaporization sucks up a lot of energy.  If you have good
jets, like the Aquamist supplies, then you can get a huge amount
of charge cooling from a water injection system.

I've got a little write up at

http://members.home.net/pfahlgren/cars/turbo/glossary/water_injection.html

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA