WB & logging

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Wed Aug 29 11:49:22 GMT 2001

Barry Tisdale wrote:

> Aquamist is actually able to drop the MAT below ambient w/ boost up to 16#
> - at 20#, I get about a 30° rise from 16# to 20#.

Barry,

I'm curious about your ALR (Air Liquid Ratio, I just made that up), so
could you tell me some rough engine parameters?  Bore, stroke, number of
cylinders, RPM and so on.  How much water are you injecting?

> Been doing 8-10 WOT runs per day dialing it in, my motor is beginnin' to
> smoke a bit - rings are shot in #1, so she may break for good any time.....
>  Started @ 16# boost, am up to 20# now, probably 22 is the max I'll be able
> to get w/ this setup.  Enough for me; goes sideways on the 1-2 shift....

Ha ha, sounds familiar.  My Audi is losing 4 & 5, the plugs are
always oil fouled.  I'm back at about 17 psi right now after inserting
a new ball bearing T04 and a giant intercooler, probably go to 21 when
I get the water hooked up.  Sideways?  Get AWD. :)

Eric

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA