WB & logging

Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca
Wed Aug 29 13:26:51 GMT 2001

Thanks Barry.  It is interesting to see real world experience versus
textbook theory.  My biggest concern with using the DIY WB O2 unit is
falling into the trap of dialing in an engine for a particular AFR instead
of for maximum performance.  It's nice to see that your experience does
match the theoretical maximum performance AFR.
> I'm @ around 12.0:1 right now.

I'm using an O2 sensor to set up the jetting on my carbureted motorcycle. I
know a lot of people who have disabled their accelerator pumps on the carbs
based on a seat of the pants opinion. Looks like you have confirmed that
here.
>Other interesting stuff is that it takes about a full second to burn off
an
>AE 'pump shot' - big dip in the AFR curve.

I assume NB = narrowband?  How far from the exhaust valve do you have your
O2 sensor installed?
>NB is @ around 880 @ 12.0,
>where 'common wisdom' in the SyTys said around mid 900s were best.

Neil