LS1 Rev limit

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Wed Aug 29 12:35:31 GMT 2001

> From: Bruce [mailto:nacelp at bright.net]
> Subject: Re: LS1 Rev limit
>

> Ugh, did any LS1s use that same PCM?.
> Bruce

Nope, no LS1s used the same PCM as the 96 LT1.

96 F-body - 16214399
97 F-body - 16242921
97-98 Y-body, 98 F-body (LS1) - 16238212

Not sure what the differences are - I've got a '96 OBDII LT1 PCM at home,
but I've never cracked open the LS1 PCM, but I've heard that it's
significantly different from the LT1 PCM (including a leap from the 68HC11
to the 68332).  I'm sure there's someone else on the list with more/better
info.

I'd avoid the Hypertech, unless one *just* wants to change the rev limiter -
that's about all it's good for.

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.bryantperformance.com