wide band O2 sensor image on Motec web site [was Re: DIY-WB]

Jason Haines jhaines15 at home.com
Thu Aug 30 02:44:31 GMT 2001

Has anyone seen the new version of Motec's wide band lambda meter? In the
background of the image they have an O2 sensor that I am not sure I
recognize. Is this the Bosch UEGO sensor (not the LSM 11 sensor, the other
one used with the higher end Bosch wide band meters)? The Motec wide band
page is:

http://www.motec.com/plm.htm

The image itself is http://www.motec.com/images/plm.jpg

If you go to the price list, they only list one wide band sensor (and don't
say if it is Bosch or NGK). The part number looks like a shortened/modified
Bosch number ( M 0258 002 ). Motec used to use the LSM 11 style Bosch wide
band sensor with their EFI systems (I am not sure if they still do).

The technical specifications are interesting, this is the first meter I have
seen that will read the Bosch and the NGK sensors. It also has an
auto-detect feature so it can figure out which sensor it is connected to.
They also refer to using the calibration resister on the wideband sensors
(although they don't specify if this is on the NGK, the Bosch or both). The
technical specifications can be found at:

http://www.motec.com/technical.htm

Has anyone seen or used one of these meters? How much do they cost?

Jason