junkyard 396ss coolant advice, The answer........

Julia Wakeling tjtbw502 at home.com
Thu Aug 30 04:16:12 GMT 2001

I've seen them come apart too.  But for air flow vs. risk........

I spin mine to 6800 all day long.  With a 4 inch spacer, in between the
blower belt, run off the alternator.  All it takes is some ballancing.  And
I've spun them a WHOLE lot higher on small blocks.  80% of the time, if you
loose a flex fan, you didn't have something ballanced correctly.  Wether the
pulley, the bolts, the fan spacer, whatever.  If it fails, usualy you can
trace it to a cause.

Tim Wakeling
Unleaded Racing Technologies