DIY_EFI Digest V5 #718 - knock sensor

David Hunt bamainc at home.com
Thu Aug 30 16:01:03 GMT 2001

According to Bosch the primary resonance is 2Hz to 10Hz.  The old 'jerk'
types of sensors were sensitive in that range.  Jerk in this case is the
third derivative type.

Bosch also states that the modern piezo types of sensor are tuned in the
audible range with a Q of about 2.

Yes and engine block 'rings like a bell.' If in the audio range it would
sound badly, but natural harmonic motion just like any other elastic
material.

I would certainly be interested in the Autospeed article also

dh