Dinjection

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 31 00:29:44 GMT 2001

Greg Hermann tapped away at the keyboard with:
> At 7:10 PM 8/30/01, Shannen Durphey wrote:
> >Are you talking direct injection?  It is already in use in the US.  It is not
> >yet in use in the automotive market though.

> Yeah, I was. Who's using it, in what market??? Bosch hardware or the
> Orbital stuff on the Mercury Marine outboards?
>
> Trying to find out what kind of technology these new Bosch direct
> injectors are using.

Volkswagen have been selling their Lupo FSI for about half a year
now. A Golf FSI is just about to go on sale. It uses a high-pressure
fuel rail, EGR, lean-burn, separate NOx cat with cyclic purging.
I believe that the SAE online automotive magazine might have an
article on the technology. It appeared in print 3-6 months ago.

The technology is based on Bosch MED; Volkswagen worked together
with Toyota on the emission (cat converter) problems. I'll post
some links and details by the weekend.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |