wide band O2 senso and Bosch questions

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 31 00:33:05 GMT 2001

Xin tapped away at the keyboard with:

> Audi R8 won the 24 hr le man largely due to their direct injection
> system.  It lowers the combustion chamber pressure thus allow them
> to run leaner mixture at a given boost.  That allowed them to run

Because the cars are restricted by a plate, maximum power is about
the same for all the cars within a class. However, the higher torque
available at lower engine speeds meant a few fractions of a second
gained on every lap.

> longer between the pitstops or having to carry less fuel.  Over 24
> hrs of continuous racing, all of that added up to 1-2-3 victory.

1-2 victory. The Bentley that came third used the conventional
injection system on an earlier engine.

> This direct injection system will be introduce in their production
> A8 and then to the rest of the audi lineup later.

Same system as that already sold in the VW Lupo FSI. Audi have shown
that it's durable.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |