Bosch Distributor replacemetn for cam timing

Derek Catterfeld derek at catterfeld.com
Fri Aug 31 13:49:02 GMT 2001

Hey,

Been a long time since I have been looking into FI.  I will be working
on FI a VW flat 4 engine.  I thought at one time I had seen a
replacement distributor that instead of distributing spark, it gave the
system cam timing info.  I know the one of the Bosch L-Jet carbs has a
hookup for what i assume is the same purpose, I have on of these.  I
know Compufire has there adaptor, but I could have sworn in some car I
saw a Bosch distributor that was running as cam timing sensor.  If it
comes down to it I will build one myself.  Thanks in advance.

Derek