Assembling the WB

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Aug 31 21:51:13 GMT 2001

Going slowly, I have 5 hours in soldering one up.  I'm 3 parts short of
finishing it, and yet to have a case, and external leads for it.   Unless
your a glutton for punishment, figure a couple evenings.

I would suggest laying all the parts out and installing the smaller sized
bits first.  Depending on wht voltage rating on the caps you use, they might
overlap some resistors and then getting the resistor in would be about
impossible.
Couple diodes have large leads and are really tight going into the holes.  I
you have to ream them out slightly be sure to solder the item in on both
sides.

I've assembled less then 6 electronic kits, and this was as easy as any of
them.

Easy on how much handling of the board you do, the printing for layout can
be rubbed off.  Not easily but mine it was starting to get thin.

Sharped tipped 15W iron, .020" solder, wire cutters and parts.

Just wish I was reporting that it actually worked, argh.
Bruce