New cam for TPI 350

James Adams rktscience2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 14:10:36 GMT 2001

I ran a 350 TPI in an '84 Camaro with an LT1 cam(1996
roller, not 1970), mildly ported heads, 6 speed, and
3.45 gears.  It would light up the tires just about
anytime, but the intake system would run out of air at
about 4700 RPM.  Put more cam in and you just lose low
end that you can't gain at the top unless you mod the
intake system.  The throttle body alone won't gain you
much as the runners and base are both limiting airflow
as well.