Audi DI

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 6 12:40:08 GMT 2001

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com tapped away at the keyboard with:

> I shall go and shoot my source right now.

Here's the ammo. I translated the article for the local VW Club's
web site back in September 2000.

  VW Lupo FSI in the Showrooms from November

  Wolfsburg (autouniversum) - Volkswagen's Lupo FSI (Fuel Stratified
  Injection) features a direct-injection petrol engine with a
  fuel-consumption of just 4.9 litres per 100 km (58 mpg).

  The car's light-weight construction using selected aluminium panels
  reduces its weight to 900kg.  The FSI engine has a swept volume of
  1.4 litres producing 77kW (105 bhp). List price in Germany will be
  just shy of 30,000 Deutsche Mark (about AUD $24,000), making it
  about 4000 DM more expensive than a similarly-equipped
  'conventional' Lupo.

  Emissions from the Lupo FSI are compliant with the stringent Euro-4
  standard, resulting in a tax-break of 600 DM for buyers in Germany.
  A three-way catalytic convertor and a NOx storage-cat help to comply
  with the standard.  Volkswagen's Golf is also to be available with
  the 1.4-litre FSI engine early in 2001.

  VW also plan to put the engine into the Polo.

  The new technology will be used extensively by VW to achieve the
  requirement to reduce fleet- average fuel consumption in 2005 by 25%
  over 1990 figures.

  autouniversum / hwi 04.09.2000, 15:29