CVT (was:Intake manifold construction, intercoolers)

Igor Dorrestijn Dorrestijn at corps.nl
Thu Dec 6 12:43:58 GMT 2001

> You can get CVTs to transmit that amount of troque, but not in a
> car you'd want to put on the road.
>
> --
> Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia

<delurk>
Well, I have to stand up for my fellow countrymen now :-)
They are doing tests at the moment using a CVT in 300+hp GMC Yukon and it
worked just fine on the Williams formula 1 car somewhere in the early
nineties.
You don't see many high power CVTs as the people who drive sports cars like
to change gears manually. But it is only a matter of time before US
manufacturers start using them with CAFE breathing down their necks.
Current users of CVTs include Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Fiat, BMW and Rover.
They can't all be wrong.

Igor

<relurk>