CVT (was:Intake manifold construction, intercoolers)

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Thu Dec 6 18:09:40 GMT 2001

Oh--gee--can I respond to the 25% losses in an automatic Puullleeasse ?
Convert HP to Watts, and you'll quickly find that if a 300HP engine is
losing 75HP in the transmission, the thing'll be baked to a crisp on the
first road trip. Real losses are in the 5-8% range. With the lockup
converters available today, and torque multiplication IN a converter, losses
are extremely low.
As for racers and automatics--you've obviously not been to the track...

Lyndon