Mass Market EFI (was: Intake manifold construction,

Jon Davis jfdavis at epix.net
Mon Dec 10 05:47:14 GMT 2001

Dave Williams wrote:

> -> too far). This implies carbs do not compensate for atmospheric
> -> pressure variations.
>
>  My ThermoQuad has an aneroid enrichment system for altitude correction.

Try to keep up with the subject before you post. Bruce said Bernoulli
principle compensates for density/temp/humididty. I disagreed. Your TQ
example supports my claim. Thanks, but it wasn't necessary.

>  Your aircraft carburetor example is bogus, in that aircraft carbs are

No, it served its purpose quite well. Proof by counterexample was the point.

> valve, so that's what they have.  Throwing a few megaflops of
> microprocessor at an airplane engine won't improve its performance even
> a tiny bit.

Who wants to improve an airplane's performance? I'll keep my carb and
magnetos on my airplane, thank you. The point was, EFI can do some things
carbs can't... it's not my fault Electromotive sucks for $3k.

Jon Davis