Autronic ECU and twin-spark (and other unlikely ECU tasks)

Kevin Wright krwright at wankel.net
Mon Dec 10 13:34:13 GMT 2001

...and lo, thus spake Bruce on 12/10/01:
>  > While we're on the subject of impossible tasks for aftermarket ECU's...
>  > I want one that can control Chevy's new "power on demand", where you
>>  turn off un-needed cylinders, and close the valves, leaving a
>>  near-lossless airspring, and fantastic part throttle fuel economy with a
>>  V8.
>>  - Lifespeed
>
>Ya, the first version was so bad I still have nightmares over it.

Would that be the infamous Cadillac 4-6-8? Was recently in the
wrecking yard, and nearly every Caddy there was either a 4-6-8 or the
almost-as-bad HT4100. Of course, *I* was looking for one with the
Caddy/Olds EFI to plop on my '70 Cutlass with the MegaSquirt.
--
Kevin Wright
krwright at wankel.net
krwright at ev1.net