Turbo Chubby parts

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Dec 11 05:30:21 GMT 2001

From: "Bob Wooten" <r71chevy at earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Turbo Chubby parts

> I see.  I have not worked with WI @ all, so this is a WAG, but this sounds
> lot like the wet manifold/dry manifold & which is better debate.

Nope, you have to have some wetting of the manifold.  In EFI you can just
about rule it out.

> My
> understanding (& I am sure that you have heard a lot from the GN & TType
> boys) that the hard part about it is getting a RELIABLE, high pressure
pump
> that will not corrode with a water/alcohol mixture.  IIRC, this is the
same
> issue (corrosion) that the Alcohol boys have with their fuel just tearing
up
> everything it comes in contact with.

So who needs a high pressure fluid pump?.

> How about a high pressure external fuel pump pushing through fogger
> injectors in the side of my Super ram?  I bet that if I use SS nozzles &
> drill them out I would be able to get a nice spray pattern.

NOS is operating at like 800 PSI, and you'll probably not have that presure
available.   Your at least warm on nozzle location.

> Again I am guessing but I bet that in forced induction apps, the value of
> the pressure w/in the system pushing against the pump affects performance.
> that being said, a truly slick setup would be one that was pressure
> compensated for consistency.

Need a system that just overwhelms that condition.

> On a related but different subject, what is the difference between
> atomization & vaporization.  I think that atomization is when you shove a
> fluid through a hole & it atomizes, meaning it goes into small particles
> that are more likely to get suspended in air better than larger particles.
> & vaporization is when something hits something hot & changes states
(water
> to steam for example, exceeds the latent heat of vaporization & changes
> states.  Challenging my physics from way back)

Exactly right.
You have to decide which you want.

Vaporization displaces some volume of air.

Also depends on what you think water actually does in the chamber's
reaction.
Bruce