Turbo Chubby parts

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 11 05:31:08 GMT 2001

I see.  I have not worked with WI @ all, so this is a WAG, but this sounds a
lot like the wet manifold/dry manifold & which is better debate.  My
understanding (& I am sure that you have heard a lot from the GN & TType
boys) that the hard part about it is getting a RELIABLE, high pressure pump
that will not corrode with a water/alcohol mixture.  IIRC, this is the same
issue (corrosion) that the Alcohol boys have with their fuel just tearing up
everything it comes in contact with.

How about a high pressure external fuel pump pushing through fogger
injectors in the side of my Super ram?  I bet that if I use SS nozzles &
drill them out I would be able to get a nice spray pattern.

Again I am guessing but I bet that in forced induction apps, the value of
the pressure w/in the system pushing against the pump affects performance.
that being said, a truly slick setup would be one that was pressure
compensated for consistency.

On a related but different subject, what is the difference between
atomization & vaporization.  I think that atomization is when you shove a
fluid through a hole & it atomizes, meaning it goes into small particles
that are more likely to get suspended in air better than larger particles.
& vaporization is when something hits something hot & changes states (water
to steam for example, exceeds the latent heat of vaporization & changes
states.  Challenging my physics from way back)

Tanx

BW