WB assembly help

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Tue Dec 11 03:34:54 GMT 2001

akallotte at juno.com wrote:

>.. I guess I can state my question more simply - I only have
> 1 cap marked .1uf 25V, but C2 and C8 each call for it.  I have 4 little
> caps marked 104 C5K, which I assume are the .1uf 12V variety, but only
> three spots for them (C9, C13, C14).  Is my parts kit a little off, or
> does one little cap sub for one big one?

Sorry, I should have realised the problem - the feedback 0.1 uF
capacitor (C7) is specified on the schematic as a "poly" or
polyester capacitor. This has a higher tolerance than the "104"
decoupling capacitors (sometime called block monolithic caps), and
is usually used in applications where the value is actually important
(not the case for the 104 caps). So, C7 is the one marked 0.1uf 25V

So, the 0.1 uF values are (nominally) the same, but different types
of construction.

Peter.