WB assembly help

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Dec 11 14:44:16 GMT 2001

To calculate the Caps, the numbers are relative to a Pico Farad = 1 x
10^(-12)

So a 104 Cap should be thought of 10x10^(4) Pico Farads. Which is the same
as 10x10^(4)   X  1 Pico Farad
 = 10x10^4  X  1x10^(-12)
 = 1 x 10^(-7)
 = .1 x 10^(-6)
 =  0.1 uF

A 105 cap would then equal 1uF.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: akallotte at juno.com [mailto:akallotte at juno.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 5:59 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: WB assembly help

This is the first time I've built something like this, so bear with me. I've
soldered on all the resistors, which was easy thanks to all the work put
into the parts kit. I moved on to the caps and have had to learn how to read
them. I'm still confused though. First, is the 22uf 25v cap in the parts kit
for reference C5 (25uf 25v)? Next, C2 and C8 call for .1uf 25v, but I only
have 1 tantulim(sp) disc type cap with that rating. C9, C13, and C14 call
for .1uf 12v, but I have four little caps marked 104 C5K. Is the parts kit a
little off or am I supposed to substitute something? Thanks for the help and
for the project.