DIY Wideband Completed Pictures and Calibrating Resistor ?s

Perry, Scott perry at sapphire.spdc.ti.com
Tue Dec 11 19:14:20 GMT 2001

> the calibration resistor is molded into the connector housing
> of the sensor.
> There are 5 wires going to the sensor, but 7 going to the
> connector for the
> sensor.

Thanks Bruce.  A light flipped on shortly after I sent this.  That makes sense now.  For some reason I originally had it in my head that this calibrating resistor was part of the car's wiring harness connector, not the O2 sensor connector.  I'm straightened out on that now.

> > Also, just to make sure it's really as obvious as it
> appears, I just mount
> the resistor on the board where it says CalR, right?
>
> It's far easier to just run those two connections to the
> connector and just use the resistor in the sensor's connector.

But doesn't this require having the mating connector?  Unfortunately I don't have time to go to junk yards looking for a Civic VX wiring harness to mate to the O2 sensor connector.  Maybe you have other suggestions...

--Scott