diy-wb bar graph display

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Wed Dec 12 19:49:15 GMT 2001

Orin wrote:

> > Also, looking at the prices for LM3914.. man they're steep.  I think you
>
> $2.08 each in Q1 at Allied is steep?  It's LM3914N-1 now BTW.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/US/DKSUS.dll?keywordsearch?vendor=150&mpart=PIC16F872-I/SP

16F872 -> 5 MIPs, 5 x A/D (10 bit), SPI, 22 I/O pins, 2 k words program

 = US$4.63 at DigiKey (no LED driver chips required for a DOT display)

Peter.

(I have no affiliation with MicroChip, and in fact I can't believe how
antiquated their PIC instruction set is - but they ARE amazing value)