Turbo Chubby parts

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 21:51:59 GMT 2001

Hmmmmmm, interesting.  I seem to recall someone using air to pressurize a
bladder & using that as the propellant to get the water into the engine.
sounds like a good long term solution provided that the air pump can keep up
with the demand.  I would think though that using air to sheer the water
would be more problematic in tuning that anything & personally @ this point
in life, I would steer clear of that.  although, interesting concept.

up side, no contact with moving parts, down side high part count & high
realistate, & I would think high initial cost.  up side to a
super-whami-dyne pump, low part count, high maintenance, high priced pump.
will hopefully get to that bridge later in life.

I am willing to bet that location of jets is likely to be different for
different systems, for optimum performance.  I would think that somewhat
close to head in intake runner to be a good spot, on a TPI (as I am).
although possibly better place for a single plane carb manifold style a
plate system would work better.  any thoughts on this?

seems logical that if I had a motor on a dyno, that I would want to increase
water until the gain is gone.  kind of like timing, start low & increase
until gain is gone, anything more is likely to be a waste and/or cost HP.

the whole thing about ONR makes sense to a degree, but still to large a
concept for my little mind @ this point.  I think that is WI 202, & I am
still on WI 101, Heck I am still on DIY 101, once I graduate to 202, I am
going to worry about HP, right now I am happy with my measly 12 second
street car.

Tanx for bending the mind
BW