DIY_EFI Digest V5 #937

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Dec 13 22:51:45 GMT 2001

-> Try putting a SBF into a 68 Triumph GT6, the RX7 is a breeze.  I have
-> lots of room at the front of the engine bay since the engine is
-> stuffed back into the firewall.  Footwell room though... good thing I
-> have small feet :)

 I put a 400 Chevy small block and a Powerglide into a '72 Spitfire,
does that count?  <grin>  I notched the firewall boxes too.  The
automatic transmission required from frame surgery, but it was free.  A
friend's girlfriend could weld, and she cut the rails out one at a time
where they wrapped around the stock trans, flipped them the other way,
and welded them back in.  Then we laid papier-mache over the
transmission and several layers of Wal-Mart fiberglass cloth and resin
to make a new transmission tunnel.  Form-fit when we removed the paper.

 It never saw the road, unfortunately.  The buddy who owned it went off
to college and lost interest, and instead of selling it to me, he gave
it to the school's engineering department, who removed the V8 and put in
some junkyard bits to convert it to an "electric car."  Which proved to
me there was plenty of political correctness but no intelligence at
Oklahoma State...

 The RX7 is a breeze, though.