Turbo Chubby parts

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 13 22:52:02 GMT 2001

At 9:30 PM 12/12/01, Raymond Brantley wrote:
>My guess is that you don't use an engine hoist rented from a local auto
>supply to drop that puppy in :>)
>
>I used to work for a Mack dealership and remember marveling at the size
>and strength of some of that stuff, although I didn't marvel when trying
>to lift some of it. Their V-8 was pretty cool......
>

>Thanks,
>Raymond

Gonna be an interesting install. Coach up in the air about 4 feet on wood
cribbing, build a double A-frame inside over the doghouse...probably use
two chain falls to get it up and in.

BARE block weighs about 400 lbs. Fully dressed engine more like 1250. Plus
450 or so for the tranny (6 speed Allison.)

Greg