turbo SBC's... was RE: Thanks for the EFI! (off topic)

Andris Skulte skulte at skulte.com
Thu Dec 13 21:26:42 GMT 2001

> Building a 380 with 400 block 3.50 inch eagle crank and 5.85 eagle rods JE
> d-dish (-32cc) pistons
> Already using AFR 195cc heads. And they are still the best flowing heads 2
> years after I purchased them
> Same compression on mine.

Any reason not to go with the longer 6.125" rods if I can find them for a
reasonable price?

>  but some folks more experienced than
> > I claim that a quench that tight really disturbs the flame
> front travel at
> > TDC.
>
> I don't think the quench area is supposted to support combustion.

Not really, but if the gasses are shot out of the quench area at a super
high velocity, it might break apart the flame front in the chamber area. The
grooves mentioned earlier sound like a good idea, if you can design it
correctly.

> Using  ATI D-1 supercharger 1000 hp 3core sheet metal intercooler With
> WATERINJECTION
> Thanks Bruce!

Nice! Now what exactly constitues a 3 core intercooler compared to a single
core or double core? I assume it's just 3 small ones welded side to side?
I'm running the Spearco 2-182 core with 3" mandrel bent/TIG'd plumbing
in/out of the IC, and 2.5" to the merge prior to the IC.

> Probably switching from ACCEL DFI to FAST bank to bank wide band
> O2 control.

I'm going to try and make the DFI work for this iteration, but I'll need to
source a VIC cheaply somehow. I just don't have the time to build the
MegaFueler y'all designed here :(

>  Hydrualic roller cam 224/236 duration. ACCEl manifold with cast in bungs

Do you know anyone running this manifold on boost? (yeah, it sounds like
drugs.. Uh huh. I'm on boost, but I'm staying off the wagon!) He he he.

Andris Skulte
Skulte Performance Designs
Z28tt-89 IROC T56 DFI Twin Turbo
http://www.skulte.com