DIY_EFI Digest V5 #937

Kevin Wright krwright at wankel.net
Thu Dec 13 23:07:11 GMT 2001

...and lo, thus spake PorscheRcr at aol.com on 12/12/01:
>In a message dated 12/12/2001 2:16:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at diy-efi.org writes:
>
><< It's sort of tight at the front end of the engine bay when you stuff an RX7
>  with a small block Ford... >>
>
>Try putting a SBF into a 68 Triumph GT6, the RX7 is a breeze.  I have lots of
>room at the front of the engine bay since the engine is stuffed back into the
>firewall.  Footwell room though... good thing I have small feet :)

Geez, I'd have gone with a Rover/Buick/Olds aluminum V8 myself, but
then, that's been done...
Thinking of a Rover V8 in one of my first-gen RX-7s, simply because
of weight issues and no been-there done-that syndrome, not to mention
slightly easier fitment than the SBC/SBF. Maybe a Lexus or Olds
Aurora/NorthStar V8? MegaSquirted, of course! I've also seen one with
a Buick GN motor... <drool>

--
Kevin Wright
Euless, TX

krwright at wankel.net
krwright at ev1.net
http://www.wankel.net/~krwright
http://www.wankel.net/~krwright/cars/rx7/rx7.html

1979 Red RX-7 GS - FrankenRex - the only one that runs!
1984 Tender Blue RX-7 GSL-SE Project car - The Blue Bomb - it lives,
no more bubbles in the coolant!
1984 Tornado Silver RX-7 GSL-SE Project Car Mark II - The Grey Mouse
- no motor :(
1970 Black Olds Cutlass S Sports Coupe - Snoopy - not-quite musclecar
1980 Yellow Suzuki GS450L - as yet unnamed - recovering...
2000 Teal Chevy Astro Van - The Green Brick, my wife's - towing and haulage

Not to mention the parts cars...
Geez! Where did all these cars come from?