turbo SBC's... was RE: Thanks for the EFI! (off topic)

elcamino73 elcamino73 at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 14 19:02:32 GMT 2001

> Any reason not to go with the longer 6.125" rods if I can find them for a
> reasonable price?

Not really, except for the fact that you may not want the piston ring pack
that close to the crown due to heat build up. See how close the top ring is
to the piston top

I don't think you need to worry about side loading on that block if you
destroke it and use longer rods
The long stroke and short rods are  what cuases the high cylinder wall loads
on the stock 400

> Not really, but if the gasses are shot out of the quench area at a super
> high velocity, it might break apart the flame front in the chamber area.
The
> grooves mentioned earlier sound like a good idea, if you can design it
> correctly.

>From what I understand that high velocity is what mixes the
gases in a more homogenous manner to avoid detonation.

> Nice! Now what exactly constitutes a 3 core intercooler compared to a
single
> core or double core? I assume it's just 3 small ones welded side to side?
> I'm running the Spearco 2-182 core with 3" mandrel bent/TIG'd plumbing
> in/out of the IC, and 2.5" to the merge prior to the IC.

3 side by side with 3 inch tubing full length from compressor to throttle
body ( converted 4 barrel Holley base with tps and IAC)

> > Probably switching from ACCEL DFI to FAST bank to bank wide band
> > O2 control.
>
> I'm going to try and make the DFI work for this iteration, but I'll need
> source a VIC cheaply somehow. I just don't have the time to build the
> MegaFueler y'all designed here :(

I have DFI ECU, harness,software.cable and spare ECU to control extra
injectors for sale.
 Interested?

> >  Hydraulic roller cam 224/236 duration. ACCEl manifold with cast in
bungs

> Do you know anyone running this manifold on boost? (yeah, it sounds like
> drugs.. Uh huh. I'm on boost, but I'm staying off the wagon!) He he he.

Only John Legenfelter