VSS and DRAC questions

Mark S. Riley turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
Wed Dec 19 07:12:16 GMT 2001

95 LT1 engine, harness, and PCM in a 88 5spd pickup truck. Studying the
DRAC2.pdf on incoming along with what I have in the Alldata. The truck vss
supplys a 40 pulse per driveshaft revolution to the DRAC which then supplys
the PCM with a 4000 pulse per mile signal? Am I all wet or just wrong. The
DRAC is a pulse amount number changer to the PCM. I guess what I'm wondering
is if there is enough change available in the DRAC to make this combination
work? Without the vss the idle is off and won't pass state inspection. Many
thanks for any observations on this. Mark