PWM an electromagnetic (A/C) clutch?

Daniel Houlton houlster at user1.inficad.com
Sun Dec 23 22:29:32 GMT 2001

Chris Waltham wrote:

> together with their own engine management units. They had
> a throttle body with some sort of electronically-variable
> throttle, so that they could (in a bizarre sort of way)
> control boost over the rev range. Not sure if it would help
> you, but it made for interesting reading.

Sounds like they did their own throttle-by-wire type of
thing?  Where the throttle plate was controlled not by the
foot, but only opened engough to give certain amounts of
boost?

Sounds like that would work, although it sounds like it'd be
pretty complicated to develop.  I don't think I'd ever want
to trust the throttle to some electronics that I come up with
anyways.

Or was this a 2nd butterfly, so that you still had direct
control with your foot?  That, at least, would be pretty
fail-safe.

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com