PWM an electromagnetic (A/C) clutch?

Daniel Houlton houlster at user1.inficad.com
Sun Dec 23 22:29:49 GMT 2001

Bruce wrote:

> Try bleeding off the boost, ie large air bleed that is well dampened.
> Maybe set up one BOV for X amount of boost, and use several.
> How about a clue for how much boost your wanting to bleed off.

Thought about that too, and it does sound like a better
alternative.  I had a turbo on previously and the donor was
an Isuzu Impulse.  I'm not entirely sure how they controlled
boost on that, but they had a stepper motor hooked to the
wastegate via a cable, and they also used a BOV with the
vacuum line running to it coming from a VSV.  I'm assuming
so they could modulate and control the bypass pressure.

BTW, I'm looking to bypass maybe 5 - 6 psi short term.  Long
term is to have correctly sized pulleys made once that's been
determined.

thanks

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com