Adding a gas tank return

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu Dec 27 19:20:57 GMT 2001

I have pulled a lot of GM tank units.  Once on the bench
(away from that explosive bomb) they are not hard to
work on.  I wrapped the fuel pump in a wet wrag.

One trick is to just weld/braze on another return/vent
pipe.  Another is to get a unit with the needed pipes, and
modify it to fit where the old one was.  If not arranged
the same physically, the float could hit a tank baffle or
make your gas gauge pretty inaccurate.

Bruce Roe