Waste Spark Coils

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Feb 22 19:45:27 GMT 2001

Jurgen Hartwig wrote:

> Regarding the input, I really am not sure.  At the risk of sounding really
> stupid, what does TTL stand for?  I have seen the acronym, but never knew
> it's meaning.

TTL = TransistorTransistorLogic

Home/desktop computers in the 1970's contained lots of TTL chips.
Through the '80's and '90's, all/most of the signals in a PC continued
to use the same voltage levels as the old TTL chips.  Only now is some
stuff changing to non-TTL signals.

GM uses TTL level signals to talk to their ignition module, although
they use more robust circuits than the delicate TTL chips.