Troubleshooting

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Tue Feb 27 09:54:30 GMT 2001

Chris Aldridge wrote:

> I am having trouble with my fuel injection.Some co workers and I are stumped
> as to what is wrong.

> The Integrator will bounce between 240-255 and 0. At idle it will read in
> the upper 200's. It will hit 0 with throttle tip in and go back and forth
> between 2xx and 0 during driving. 02 fluctuates and crosscounts. All other
> sensors seem to be reading ok. Block learn is 124 to 128, as seen on a Snap
> on Scanner.

You have not said what vehicle this is for.  But that sounds like a
programming
problem.  The integrator does not normally do that, so it sounds like
the
ALDL scan string has been disturbed.

> In my other TGP, the integrator is steady and close to the block learn.

Is the car in your question a TGP?  Sorry, it is not clear from your
question.

> Tried swapping ecms (1227727). This is in a 1990 Turbo Grand Prix.

> Any ideas or starting points would be appreciated.

Somebody screwed up the scan string data.  If this is a GM car, probably
better
asked on GMECM.

Scot Sealander