Two O2 probes, one pre, one post cat???

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Tue Jan 9 23:58:02 GMT 2001

Well--yes it does. If you remove the converter--leave the second O2
installed, it'll run the fuel system lean. The first O2 will swing rich
lean--and the PCM will adjust AFR to keep the 'verter"burn" going. That's
how the programming was done to eliminate an air pump.

The second O2 is monitoring the burn, right ?? If the burn isn't
correct--the system keeps cutting back fuel, less and less fuel--until the
BL's are in the 155 to 160 range. It may not set a code, but it'll
definitely be in the lean side...BTDT.

Not trying to start another flame war <G>... but this is the end result.

Lyndon