(Bit off topic) turbo lag...

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:01:57 GMT 2001

>I get 200hp per 1000cc on a 2000cc engine with 98 fuel and 8.8:1 CR. I
>reach
>the knock limit well before MBT as the torque still increases when the
>engine starts pinging. Some people get up to 275hp per 1000cc on the same
>type of engine with 7.2:1 CR and the same fuel. What are your numbers with
>the 10.0:1 engine?

Hmm I am not sure about exact #'s but let me give some futher background,
they are junkyard motors, 130,000+ miles, not headwork, stock cams and
bottom end. Junkyard T3 super 60 turbos and a SDS programmable efi. I would
estimate from the quarter mile  time/MPH that the power is around 330 at the
crank, give or take.
One of the things to remember and I get in trouble with this myself that
it's not so much boost pressure but airflow at that pressure that makes the
power.
I have an 8:1 turbo motor in a street car and I feel like the bottom end is
a little to weak, I would really like to see sometihng closer to 9:1 for the
street.
Let's take this off-line if you want to discuss more, I'd be interested in
hearing more about your set-up
Justin Ivan