Off Topic - So I'll Keep It Short - Pistons

grobbins grannys at sos.net
Sun Jan 14 01:55:55 GMT 2001

I've used 'em, the highest power application was a 700hp alky 406. The only
failure was when I lost the upper 1/3rd of a cylinder wall, but no piston would
have lived thru that.

I spoke with a guy the other day that works in KB's dynos @ Carson City, NV. I
thought my alky burner was on the upper edges of their recommended applications,
but be told me of a 377 that uses them that puts out 1300hp (gotta be some boost
there). He said he could put me in contact with the owner if I wanted details.

Grant