Hello, I'm new....

Brian Renegar thomas.renegar at nist.gov
Fri Jan 19 18:09:30 GMT 2001

Hello.  I just joined the list yesterday.  I didn't see anywhere to search
through list archives, so I hope I'm not asking questions that have been
previously answered.  Anyways, I'm really interested in the diy wideband O2
sensor.  I was pointed to some information here:
http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/projects/diy_egor/

There's schematics and such for building the circuits.  I'm assuming that's
used for normalizing and scaling the output.  Is this what's currently
available?  Or has there been more work done on the subject?

Some info about my project... I have a 91 Mustang 5.0L with an Incon twin
turbo kit.  I am hoping it to be around 550 rear wheel HP.  I'm working on
a datalogging system for the EEC-IV processor and will also log the
wideband O2.  I also just received a programmable chip, that allows me to
adjust fuel/spark/etc. curves in the EEC-IV.  With the inclusion of the
wideband, I hope to be able to properly tune the car on the street for max
performance but also with max reliability.  I've blown head gaskets in the
past, and don't want to repeat that!!  But with the proper tuning tools
(wideband O2, datalogging, etc.), I should be able to keep that from
happening again.

Well, I look forward to chatting with you guys.

Later,
Brian Renegar