DIY flowbench?

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Fri Jul 6 15:29:55 GMT 2001

In my turbo experiments last year, I was using a 20g compressor & 10cm
Mitsu turbine housing.  Backpressure ran over 2.5x boost pressure, enough
so's *nothing* would hold the WG shut against the pressure.  Tapped into
the turbine pre-inlet to get the 2.5+x figure - this wasn't logged, just
eyeballed.  Had the exhaust pressure gauge taped to the boost gauge so I
could see relative readings.  WGs used were stock internal, Deltagate & HKS
- none worked.

Exhaust is 3" all the way back, no cat, hi flo muff.

That setup is gone now - so far so good using a 14cm housing - just need
the right wheel for it - only 15# max w/ poor spoolup....{:^o{E

Barry - Sy#26